Pages

Wednesday 6 May 2015

Going to the ANZAC Parade



On the weekend I went to the ANZAC Parade.  I went with my family.  We saw soldiers and nurses, trucks and planes.

The nurses were cool and so were the soldiers.  I liked it that the soldiers had guns and I liked their trucks too.  Some nurses and the soldiers were inside the trucks.  The soldiers in the trucks were made up to look as though they were wounded.  The driver tooted the horn.  It went toot, toot like an olden day horn.  The horn is made of rubber and then the driver squeezed it to make the tooting sound.  That was fun.  There was also a brass band.  The soldiers blew trumpets and made marching music.  I marched in time to the music.  It was very cool. 

There were poppies falling out of the sky and planes in the air.  The planes were old.  They looked like birds in the sky.  There was one plane that had smoke coming out of it and the smoke was made up of lots of different colours.  It was white, red and blue. 

My family and I prayed for the soldiers that were in the war, including those that had died and are now with God in heaven.  After that we went to the museum.  It was a serious but it was a fun day too. 



No comments:

Post a Comment