Pages

Tuesday 21 April 2015

My Cousins Seta And Alice



In the holidays my cousins came to stay with us.  They are from Australia.  Their names are Seta and Alice.  They are both older than me.  While they were in Auckland they spent some time with my family and I. 

One of the first things they did when they arrived was to teach my sister and I their Samoan dance.  It is called the Sasa.  My sister and I now know how to dance the Sasa.  It starts off slow and them gets fast.  My cousins performed their Sasa at my friend’s church.  They wore a lavalava and a black and orange top.  They also wore tiara type head dresses with beautiful Samoan flowers on them.   The flowers come from Samoa.  My cousins looked beautiful.  Everybody clapped at the end of their performance.  I was very proud of them.

We all had a good night watching the dancing and singing performances at church. 



1 comment:

  1. Wow Roneeza, what a wonderful holiday experience. It nice to hear how proud you were of your cousins. Great writing, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete